Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Browse » home» » » » » » River Cottage Rocks Jerk Chicken

River Cottage Rocks Jerk Chicken




Theres a new cooking challenge - its called River Cottage Rocks and its run by Jo at Jos Kitchen (The Hungry Blogger).  I dont own a single book by Hugh Fearnly-Whittingstall although I have my eye on the Vegetarian one from his last series. However, there are recipes a plenty on the Guardian website so that did not deter me.  

I liked the look of this Jerk Chicken  with Rice and Peas and, strangely, I have never made Jerk chicken, so it was something that I wanted to try.  I used skinned chicken breasts as that was what I had in the freezer and I have to say that they were absolutely delicious, not dry at all and there was just the right amount of heat in the paste.  I didnt leave it overnight, but put the paste on in the morning and left it for around 5 hours before cooking.  The rice and peas Im not so sure of,  I think I would like to check out some other recipes for this as I was slightly disappointed in the lack of flavour. 

The closing date for this challenge is 12th February, so you need to get your skates on if you are going to take part!

No comments:

Post a Comment