Thursday, April 10, 2014

Browse » home» » » » Marinaded Beef Kabobs

Marinaded Beef Kabobs

This is one of those dishes I am sure I have not bothered to try in at least 20 years.  The memories of dried out, tough meat with the texture of shoe leather paired with mushy over cooked vegetables lacking any sort of flavor was enough to discourage me from inviting Beef Kabobs into my kitchen and onto my dinner plate. However, after reflecting further, I was certain there I could replace the distasteful old memories with tasty new ones.  After all, I embrace everything skewered onto a beef kabob including the beef, green and red bell pepper, fresh pineapple, onion, portabello mushroom and zucchini. So, theoretically, all it would take to transform my former unwelcome dinner recipe into a frequent guest was a flavorful marinade and proper cooking. Indeed, I was right.

Beef Kabob Marinade
1 large garlic clove, minced
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup red wine
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon peach preserves
salt
pepper

Prepare grill by cleaning grates and preheating to high.  Combine all ingredients together in a mixing bowl and set aside while the kabobs are prepared.  Gather all veggies, fruit and meat that you wish to include on each kabob.  You are certainly not limited to the ingredients I choose, so feel free to substitute your favorites.  Cut everything into roughly 1-2 inch pieces, keeping a consistent size and shape whenever possible.  Thread the veggies, fruit and meat onto a skewer, cover with half the marinade and let flavors combine in the refrigerator for as little as 1/2 hour or up to 4 hours.  Remove from refrigerator and place on a hot grill.  Rotate kabobs and baste with remaining marinade about every 5 - 10 minutes.  Total cooking time will be approximately 15 minutes.  Serve hot and over rice if desired.  

No comments:

Post a Comment