Sunday, January 26, 2014

Browse » home» » » » » » » » » » » MACHHER JHOL WITH VEGETABLES Thin fish curry with vegetables from RECIPE JUNCTION

MACHHER JHOL WITH VEGETABLES Thin fish curry with vegetables from RECIPE JUNCTION

Nowadays I am busy lazing and watching Indian soaps, like Nakusa, Lado, CID, Sasural genda phool, et al.,  lying down on sofa ( when SOMEONE is not around). Of course cooking, like a daily chore, typical for a house-husband, is continuing.
I could not resist myself from cooking this dish. The reason is, I had deviated from the traditional recipe slowly. And we, the house-cooks , always deviate in search of new taste etc. So by cooking this dish, I have brought myself back on track to the traditional recipe, thanks to Indrani of Recipe Junction. Use of right quantity of turmeric is the crux of the things.
I never make any deviation, while trying a recipe posted by a blog-friend. Here I could not use Cauliflower, as I did not have any in stock and the lunch time was fast approaching and you will appreciate how dangerous it is to earn the wrath of the better half who is hungry. The sautéed cauliflower with few brown spots add a great flavor to all Cauliflower dishes.
Here are the photographs and tips for my southern friends ...use any fish including sea fish. If you dont have " Panch PhoDon" use Fennel, Methi and cumin as a minimum.
For details of cooking instruction please click " Recipe Junction"
I have used the following 
INGREDIENTS
Sweet water fish 5 pieces marinated with salt and turmeric, fast fried to brown . ( please use any fish of your choice, sea or sweet water or small fish)
Potato 2 , medium, peeled and cut to large pieces.
parmal ( patol) 6, peeled and cut ( leave a strand of skin to keep the dimensional consistency.)
Barbati ( long beans) 15 and cut to 11/2 inch 
Mustard oil 3 tbsp ( any oil will do)
Turmeric 3 tsp
Cumin powder 11/2 tsp
Ginger paste 2 tsp
Green chili 4 ( more the merrier)
Tomato large , cut to small pieces.
Dry red chili one for seasoning with panch PhoDon.
Red chili powder 1 tsp ( adjust to suit you).
If I have missed any, here, refer to original recipe at Recipe Junction
You can add other vegetables but Cauliflower is recommended.

PROCESS 
Please refer to Recipe Junction

PHOTOS 
These photos are taken with my 2006, Khadus vintage camera, an old friend cant get rid of it....:-)


 Fried fish and the ingredients ( add few cauliflowers, I didnt  have it)


 Cooking halfway through 

The final dish 


 Eat with rice and squeezing a bit of lemon while eating is amazing.


Thanks Indrani for sharing this recipe.......



No comments:

Post a Comment